Terms & conditions for all students
Invoicing and payment of lesson fees
- We follow the local schools term dates.
- Invoices will be sent via email for the forthcoming term.
- Lessons are to be paid for no later than 3 working days before the start of the new term.
- Lesson slots are only reserved once payment is received, and may be lost if payment is overdue.
- Payment may either be made in full or in two equal installments, the second of which being due 3 working days prior to the start of the second half-term.
The only exception to this is for group classes, for which the full payment is due prior to the start of term.
- Payment should be made via bank transfer, details of which will be provided on the invoice.
Please remember to use the account reference on your invoice when making payment.
- Payment cannot be made directly to teachers.
- We do not charge for Half-term holidays or Bank Holidays.
- Supplementary lessons are available during the holiday, these must be requested and booked in advance.
Lesson Alterations and Cancellations
We aim to ensure that lessons are as consistent as possible; however there will be times where alterations are necessary:
- Teacher's absence: In the event of a teacher being absent, we will organise for an alternative, teacher to cover. This may occasionally happen with little or no notice. If it is not possible to get cover, the teacher will endeavour to make the lesson up before the end of term. This often takes place during half-term.
- On rare occasions we may need to cancel a lesson. On these occasions lessons will be rescheduled. If we are unable to reschedule a lesson, or you are unable to attend the rescheduled lesson in holiday time, the lesson fee will be credited against the following half-terms fees.
- We will always notify you of a cancelled lesson via phone, email or text message, which will be sent to a designated parent/guardian with the contact details that have been given to us.
- If a pupil misses a lesson which is not as a consequence of a Summit Music cancellation, without 48 hours notice, the lesson is forfeited.
- We require 48 hours notice for all absences via email telephone or text. If you fail to show up for your scheduled lesson or give less than 48 hours notice, the lesson will be forfeited.
- Lessons cancelled within the notice period will be re-scheduled to take place during the nearest following holiday period. Any re-scheduled lessons not taken during this period will be forfeited.
- If you wish to withdraw from lessons, we require half a term's written notice. If you leave without giving the required notice fees will be forfeited. Lessons cannot be transferred to a sibling, relative or friend. Where the required notice is given, any remaining pre-paid lessons beyond the notice period will be refunded.
Written notice must be sent via email to email@example.com
- If at any point within a half-term period, your attendance rate falls to 60% or less, your lesson slot we be forfeited. You will be assigned a new time slot and/or teacher, if the new slot is unsuitable, we will offer you a refund for any remaining previously paid lessons. You will be notified via email.
Late arrival or unfit for lessons
We reserve the right to cancel lessons in the event of late arrival such that less than half of the lesson time remains.
If you arrive late but at least half of the scheduled time is remaining, the remainder of the time will be given as a lesson however your lesson time will not be extended.
If you arrive but are unfit for lessons due to illness or any other reason whatsoever (in the opinion of Summit staff) then your lesson will not be given and will be forfieted.
Conduct during Lessons
If you wish to remain in the room during your child's lesson, we require you to be quiet and not engage in any distracting or disruptive activity (such as speaking on the phone). In such cases we reserve the right to ask you to leave the room for the duration of the lesson if we feel that your presence or that of a sibling or relative is distracting our pupils.
Food and drink is not allowed in any of our music rooms, please ensure that you (or your child) are fully hydrated before class. The only exception to this is for those students having a vocal lesson in which a bottle of water is acceptable.
Variation to the Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions may be updated on occasion. You will be notified of any changes in advance via email.